Monday, February 3, 2014

B is for Bare Essentials

One of my goals this year is to complete all my Christmas cards early.  I want to play with every single challenge on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.  I don't care if I win anything.  I just want to not be stressed at the end of the stinkin' year.  I will, of course, still have projects (ie for teachers and friends) but my cards WILL be done!!!!
I finished these cards three days ago but I, just now, am able to add them to my blog before the B is for Bare Essentials challenge is over.  
Here it is:
 This tree is not from a stamp.  It is actually a graphic from the DP from DCWV Christmas stack.  There are three Christmas trees on a page so I just cut one out, distressed it, and added some ink to make it look even more aged.  I added it to a PTI Pinefeather cardstock base.  I then, included a sentiment from SU More Merry Messages.  Super easy.
It still looked kind of plain to me.  And even though I'm supposed to keep it "Bare".  I thought it could use some bling.
 These are some "orangey" looking gems I found at AC Moore.  I think it adds a nice touch.  Super easy and super quick.
 I had a total of six trees so I was able to make six cards.  Awesome!
I am linking this up to:
ABC Christmas Challenge: Bare Essentials
Cards Galore: Gem, Glitter, Bling
Challenges for Everybody: Anything Goes
Gracias for hanging out with me!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your statement, Yolanda, and at the end of this year you'll have at least 25 wonderful Christmas cards- made without stress. Love your tree with thebbling and the cute sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us for the ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hope to see you again for C,D, E........
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a awesome start on your Christmas cards! The tree looks great with the orange bling and I love your sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards Galore Encore!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I truly appreciate it!